HOW TO ENROLL
1. Download, print and properly fill out the forms below.
2. Review the following Academy Guidelines.
3. Select the Class Schedule of your choice. Review the dates and times for the class and make sure you can attend every day.
4. Deliver the Fire Academy Application, ESFF Application, NFPA 1582 Physical Form (all listed above) and the full class fee or deposit of $1050 in person during one of the current class days. You may also mail them all into the academy.
5. Provide proof of the following Prerequisites on the first day of class:
- Obtain and provide documentation of a physical examination by a Physician
within six months prior to start date of class showing you are physically able to
- Show proof of Health Insurance.
- Be able to show general Math and English competency. Either a high school
transcript or college transcript must be provided.
- Must have a valid CPR/Health Care Provider Card.
6. Purchase and bring to class:
Structure Fire Boots, Structure Gloves and Hood
Rent and bring to class:
To Rent and Purchase Gear:
Follow the link below (in orange) to register with 911 Rental Gear and use
the Code "WVA201" to rent your Turnout Gear and purchase your additional
equipment such as gloves, boots & hood.
7. Complete the ESFF 1000 course online
- Information and a link to the ESFF 1000 course and the course book will be
provided to you after your ESFF 1000 application has been accepted and the
$450 ESFF 1000 class fee has been paid.
- Please complete, at a minimum, one month prior to the begining
of Academy Class.
To Apply, Turn In: Complete prior to class Bring to Class
- Fire Academy Application - ESFF 1000 course - Purchased Fire Gear
- ESFF Application & Fee - All Prerequisites - Rented Turnouts
- NFPA 1582 Physical Form - Review Guidlines - Proof of all
- Class Fee or Deposit - Review Schedule Prerequisite
If you have questions please feel free to contact any number listed on this page.
April 12 - July 12, 2021
Sep 13 - Dec 13, 2021
Jan 4 - Apr 5, 2021
For questions about the academy please contact us so that we can help you get your fire fighting career started.
ga('create', 'UA-61426806-1', 'auto');