HOW TO ENROLL
1. Download, print and properly fill out the forms below.
2. Review the following Academy Policies Handbook.
3. Select the Class Schedule of your choice. Review the dates and times for the class and make sure you can attend every day.
4. You may mail, or hand deliver the WVFA Application and the NFPA 1582 Physical Form (both listed above in step 1) with a nonrefundable fee of $1500 to secure a spot in the next academy class.
Refer to the current class schedule as to when a WVFA representative will be on site to accept your application.
West Valley Fire Academy address is:
2834 S. 2700 W
West Valley City
*This is the white training building north of the fire station*
The ESFF1000 class must be completed by the start of the academy you are wanting to attend. ESFF1000 classes will start online at the
first of every month. *You Must* pick up a book from a West Valley Fire Academy representative before starting the online course.
5. Provide proof of the following Prerequisites on the first day of class:
- Obtain and provide documentation of a physical examination by a
Physician within six months prior to start date of class showing you
are physically able to participate. This is the NFPA 1582 Physical
Form in step 1.
- Show proof of Health Insurance.
- Be able to show general Math and English competency. Either a
high school transcript or college transcript must be provided.
- Must have a valid CPR/Health Care Provider Card.
6. Purchase and bring to the first night of class:
- Structural boots
- Gloves and Hood
- WVFA shirt (2 are provided)
- Navy blue pants
- Black belt
- 6" Station boots
- Safety glasses
- Ear plugs
- Utility gloves
Physical fitness clothes including shoes
Student study materials
Students second payment if on the payment plan
7. Complete the ESFF 1000 course online
The ESFF1000 classes will start online at the first of every month.
The online course must be completed with a passing grade of 80% before the academy class starts.
*You Must* pick up a book from a West Valley Fire Academy representative before starting the online course.
To Apply, Turn In: Complete prior to class Bring to Class
- Fire Academy Application - ESFF 1000 course - Student Uniform
- NFPA 1582 Physical Form - All Prerequisites - Study Materials
- Class Fee or Deposit - Review Student Handbook - Proof of all Prerequisites
- Review Schedule - Listed Firefighting Gear
- Safety Gear
- Physical Fitness Clothes
**There will be an Academy Orientation Night scheduled after the class roster is full. Please ensure you have correct email and phone numbers on the WVFA application. An email with further information will be sent two weeks prior to the decided date or six weeks before class is to start. You must attend this class to be considered enrolled in the academy.**
If you have questions please feel free to contact any number listed on this page.
April 12 - July 12, 2021
Sep 13 - Dec 13, 2021
Jan 4 - Apr 5, 2021
For questions about the academy please contact us so that we can help you get your fire fighting career started.
ga('create', 'UA-61426806-1', 'auto');